My Countingdown

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day-3 tshoot session is my desperate night!!!

In day-3, we learn OSPF, mutual redistribution, & IPv6. Then in the night, we had troubleshooting class. There was 10 question and I can only solve one!!! what the h3l#???


I realize that I need to learn and practice extra more than people took the bootcamp. Here my time to strengthen my basic knowledge with all area. Thanks God we have a lots friends here for beginner to expert.


Yesterday, I try to understand more about OSPF concept that I think my weakness.


If using ethernet, by default the type of OSPF is broadcast. But, it can be problem, if the interface set to point-to-multipoint. So if the topology using ethernet, the OSPF type should change to broadcast!


How about the frame-relay??? This is the originating make my frustration!!! There is no OSPF adjacency neighbor in my lab!!!
Actually frame-relay is NBMA which is by default non-broadcast OSPF type! Here the summary:
Frame relay type is non broadcast by default. The adjacency will not come up even you wait until you die! How to to make it up? Good quetion! There are 5 ways:

  1. Still non-broadcast. Add command 'neighbor' in the OSPF protocol.
  2. Make it broadcast. Add command 'ip ospf network broadcast' int the interface.
  3. Make it point-to-point. Add command 'ip ospf network point-to-point' int the interface or if using sub-interface, the type of sub-interface is point-to-point.
  4. Make it point-to-multipoint. Add command 'ip ospf network point-to-multipoint' int the interface.
  5. Make it point-to-multipoint non broadcast. Add command 'ip ospf network point-to-multipoint' int the interface and add command 'neighbor' in the OSPF protocol.



Now, how about stub, NSSA, bla bla bla??? Here we go
This is the clue:
1. If one area in the router using stub/nsa, another router with the same area should have stub also
2. Stub or NSSA with no-summary (totally) should in ABR router.

No comments:

Post a Comment