My Countingdown

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day-9 CCIE Bootcamp Indonesia

Today is my last day of CCIE Bootcamp. Actually we still have 2 days next week. But I believe the condition as here in Puncak :) I am sad to know that :( There are 50 people join this program in the beginning. But until last day, there are around 30 people still survive :)


I meet a lot of people here. I am very happy to meet new friends that have the same dream :) Then we share each other. If I have problem in my lab or any subject I don't know or I am confused, I can ask to the trainer Mr. Dedi Gunawan as the trainer and also founder this program or I can ask Mr. Andi Maulana, the participant and also the trainer, or I can ask Mr. Bagus Utomo, the participant but have attempted the lab, or I can ask Rusmin from Cisco, Aristo from BNI, Ikhwan from NSN, Rizal, Deni from Multipolar, and many more. This is the power of this bootcamp with the motto from engineer to engineer.


From now on, I would like to share the knowledge to others. I will update my blog and I must be trainer... Yes, I have to do at least once per month. So I can remember the subject as I am not working hands on directly the node and also being trainer, we will open a book again if any question come up that we don't know.


At 8.00 AM, we have switching class. We can't demo this lab as no body bring the switch. But it's okay. I already test this lab before and I will do lab this subject again in the future.


The switching or L2 subject include EtherChannel,


By this EtherChannel, we can combine many physical interface in one group. Let say we have 2 interface using fast ethernet. Then by this, as logical we have 1 interface with 200 Mbps.
EtherChannel can be L2 or L3. EtherChannel in L2 i.e. LACP which is open standard and PagP which is Cisco Proprietary.


PagP have 2 mode negotiation i.e. desirable and auto. The PagP can nor work using both auto in switch-1 and switch-2 but it works using all desirable. So at least one etherchannel should be desirable.


LACP also have 2 mode negotiation i.e. active and passive. One EtherChannel shoul be active.


EtherChannel L3 only use mode on and add command 'no switchport' to make as L3 in the interface.


Then we learn about SPAN and RSPAN. SPAN and RSPAN is used for mirroring. The different SPAN and RSPAN is SPAN using one switch for source and destination port and in RSPAN have 2 switch which one switch being reflector-port to another switch.


Then we learn about STP or Spanning tree, RSTP, PortFast, UplinkFast, BackboneFast, Root Guard, BPDU Guard, BPDU Filter, MSTP, and Private VLAN.


Then we learn about QinQ tunneling and L2 Protocol Forwarding, and security in L2 such as traffic-rate storm control, vlan-access map, port security, port security violation action, and port security violation recovery.


I will show you all the lab in the future.

1 comment:

  1. The best way to get the CCIE certification is to attend CCIE bootcamp training. They will provide the best training according to your syllabus.

    ccie bootcamp

    ReplyDelete