My Countingdown

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day-1 CCIE Bootcamp Indonesia

I arrived in Villa Gunung Puncak, Cisarua, Bogor at 11.40 AM. I think around 50 people join bootcamp. Then we start the class around 2 PM until 12 PM. For sure, there was a break with praying, lunch, and dinner.


Today we learn about Frame Relay. Even this technology already old and I seldom see this technology still used in customer router but until now Cisco still put this technology in CCIE blue print. So, like or not, we have to learn about this.


Then, we are here to study about this stuff. Actually Frame Relay is layer-2 technology. There are some types of frame relay that we need to know i.e.


1. Point-to-point. Using point to point, it’s not need mapping L2 to L3 as only have one DLCI.
2. Point-to-Multipoint. With this, mapping L2 to L3 is required both dynamic using inverse-arp or can be static mapping.
3. Hub & Spoke. Communication between spoke is done via hub. With this type dynamic mapping only can be done from spoke to hub. That’s why communication between spoke must use static mapping. Broadcast keyword command only need per DLCI to IP going to hub.


At 8.30 PM, we have troubleshoot section. We have 10 question and I can solve only 4 question. Oh God, I need more practice! Please help me… So let’s start my CCIE journey and I hope this blogs give benefit to others who have the dream with me.


For detailed lab, I will do show one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment